Post-Decree Modifications Can Be Of Use When Financial Situations Change

When a divorce is finalized, its terms are set. Financial and custodial arrangements are put in place and both parties are committed to adhering to them. What happens, however, if a significant life change occurs? Maybe you have lost your job, or your former spouse has remarried and your financial arrangements are no longer practical. In this event, you have the option to file for a post-decree modification.

Our lawyers have worked with many clients in the Morristown area as they have sought to adapt their divorce settlement to their current circumstances. At Newsome O'Donnell, LLC, we understand that things change, and we can help guide you through the various shifts that life can deliver.

Applying Post-Decree Modifications To A Divorce Settlement

A divorce is a complicated legal procedure. There are often an assortment of items to be negotiated, and if children are involved, they can become especially difficult. A post-decree modification will allow you to alter several terms, including:

  • Alimony
  • Child support
  • Visitation arrangements and schedules
  • Custody decisions

In the state of New Jersey, motions to modify a divorce settlement are closely examined by the court. This is particularly true in requests for the lowering or increasing of spousal or child support payments. Our lawyers at Newsome O'Donnell, LLC, have pertinent backgrounds in post-decree modification, and we can assist you in compiling accurate financial records to support your case.

Our Attorneys Can Guide You Through The Process

If the terms of your divorce are no longer compatible with your financial reality, our team is ready to help. Please visit our Contact page to send us an email today. You may also call us at 973-692-6317 to schedule a consultation.